Priscilla Ekwere Eleje has become the first woman in the history of Nigeria to have her signature of the Naira.
Eleje who has been acting director of currency and operations at the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), has been confirmed, substantive director of the apex bank.
She is the first female director of currency in the history of the bank and her signature has been appended on the naira — breaking another glass ceiling.
Ladi Kwali, Nigeria’s foremost potter, is the only woman on the naira, taking a spot at the back of the N20 note.
Every naira note in the country’s history — save the N20 note — has had the face, name, and signature of a man, up until now.
So who is Priscilla Ekwere Eleje?
- She is 1st Nigerian woman to have her signature on the Nigerian currency.
- She is the first female Director of currency in the history of the Central Bank of Nigeria.
- She is a psychology graduate of the University of Jos, Nigeria.
- Mrs. Eleje is an alumna of the prestigious Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship programme in Banking and Management at Boston University, Massachusetts, USA.
- She is also a Certified Information System Auditor (CISA).
The post 5 Things To Know About Priscilla Ekwere Eleje appeared first on LATEST NIGERIAN NEWS BREAKING HEADLINES NEWSPAPERS.