Former Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Walter Onnoghen has said that the non-release of the judgement of the Code of Conduct Tribunal that found him guilty of breach of Code of Conduct rules for public officers is delaying the proper filing of his appeal against the judgement.
This is coming after the chairman of the tribunal, Danladi Umar, had last week convicted Justice Onnoghen for non-declaration of his assets and also barred him from holding public office for 10 years.
A few hours after the judgement was delivered, Justice Onnoghen approached the court of appeal, Abuja division to file a notice of appeal against the judgement.
Speaking with Leadership newspaper, Counsel to the retired CJN, Chief Adegboyega Awomolo, said on Wednesday that their inability to get a copy of the judgement since the day it was delivered was making it difficult for them to pursue the notice of appeal already before the court.
‘’We’ve not been able to get a copy of the judgement. Until we are able to get it, we can’t pursue our appeal. We need to transmit the record to the appeal court from the tribunal and until that is done, we can’t do anything as regards the appeal,’’ he said.
The post “My Appeal Against CCT Judgement Is Being Delayed” – Onnoghen appeared first on LATEST NIGERIAN NEWS BREAKING HEADLINES NEWSPAPERS.